November 25, 2020
Hi Church Family,
With the recent announcement from Alberta Government and new regulations , I wanted to give you an update on what steps Thrive Church is taking with your complete health (physical, spiritual and emotional) in mind.
1.The Government has mandated 1/3 building capacity for religious gatherings and mandatory masks. Thrive Church already adhered to 1/3 building capacity when it was strongly recommended but not yet mandated. With that being said Thrive Church meets all Alberta Government and AHS regulations for gatherings. Thank you to our teams that have made that happen. We will continue with our FRIDAY WORSHIP NIGHTS have our next FRIDAY NIGHT THRIVE WORSHIP SERVICE December 4. You can register here
2. In keeping with the new regulation for no gatherings in houses, for the remainder of the year all Thrive Groups will be online only.
DM us for your Thrive Group Zoom Link.
Thrive Groups end for the semester December 3.
3. With the new measures, all Community Centres must close. This means our Sunday rental space, Dalhousie Community Centre is closed by public health order. We will continue with our Online Thrive Campus for Sunday services at this time On Facebook and Youtube. We will continue to work with the community centre about when we are able to rent the space for the relaunch of our in-person Thrive campus.
4. Daily, our Thrive Leadership team is praying for you and your family - for the blessing of God, provision of God and His protection. We are declaring God’s Word and promises over you and your family. If you have a specific prayer request please let us know.
How YOU can be part of your church’s efforts in this time?
1. Pray. Join in praying for all levels of government. Pray for our church body. Pray for our city and those affected by COVID economically, mentally and physically.
2. Be part of the Food hampers for families in need at H.D. Cartwright. We are providing Christmas food hampers for 10 families in need that are chosen by the school resource teacher. We will then deliver Christmas hampers to bless the socks off the families. It is $70 to adopt a family or you can also give to partially sponsor a family. You can do so HERE.
3. Join in on our Thrive Church Sunday Services on YouTube and/or Facebook at 10:30AM. When you share, like and subscribe it helps the Youtube and Facebook algorithm to share the message of Jesus with others.
4. Partner with Thrive Church financially. It is because of your generosity and support of Thrive Church through tithes and offerings that peoples’ lives are being transformed by God and people are thriving with God. If you would like to give, or to set up recurring giving you can do so here. All donations above $20 receive a tax receipt.
Pastor Josiah Gurnsey